Friday, April 4, 2008

Our first post

Hey Everybody! It's Friday night and Josiah is asleep. With much zeal and energy, Kate and I decided to commit to starting a blog. We have committed to many things in our lives. On countless Friday nights we have committed to cutting back on fat and cholesterol. We have also committed to staying married until death do us part. I hope our commitment to this blog is more like the latter. I'm starting us off as Kate sits next to me and tells me what she thinks I should start writing. You will most likely hear from her in the future since she stays at home all day and watches her "stories" on television (Just kidding, she's a hard working stay at home mom). You'll also be able to distinguish her writings from mine because she has gooder grammar than I do, but I splell better.

Let me catch you up if you didn't know. In the last four years we have lived in four different states and we are about to move to our fifth.

Here's the countdown:

  1. Virginia Beach, VA,
  2. Topeka, KS,
  3. Nashville, AR,
  4. Nash, TX (Texarkana)
  5. And soon to be Marion, Il

Things have been very exciting. As we look back, we thank God for so many awesome encounters and friendships. Sometimes it has been stressful, but still a blessing. Right now, Kate looks like a big balloon (only in the belly and no where else...at all...no other place does she look big except in her belly.) as she is expecting boy number two any day. We have decided to name him Asher Joe Denman. Asher means blessed and happy so that's pretty cool. Joe is her dad's middle name (plus it's just a cool boy name like GI Joe or Sloppy Joe). We thought about George W but that name has not been so popular. We then thought about Mohammad, but airport security would be a beast. So we settled on a very special name to us. We sold our house in 4 days, which is really a blessing in this market (at full asking price). We found a great place to live, and I'm going to have at least 2.5 hours a day more time with my family plus I might be able to come home for lunch. We are thankful to God as he provides all of these things. So...keep reading and we'll keep posting. I got to give a shout out to my peeps. HEY GRANDMA. We love all of you people...



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice site. I'll look forward to keeping up guys.

Anonymous said...

Awesome blog, thanks for sharing with us! Love all the pics. We miss you guys a lot! I can't belive how fast time goes by and how big Josiah is.
Best wishes on Labor Day!!!
Lots of love!!!

Unknown said...

So much fun! Great job and I especially liked the videos! Just can't love that little guy enough.
GranElaine

Val Empson said...

This is great. The blog was so funny and informative. Of course the pics were awesome. Thanks for helping us stay up with your family because we sure miss you all. We pray for a quick and painless delivery and a healthy boy. Love, Val

Robyn said...

Hello Jon and Kate! This is Robyn Webster and just wanted to say hey! I am not exactly sure who gave me your blog site but I believe it was Mrs. Elena...I pray that all is well with you and Kate, as well as the youngest addition. You would never recognize Blake. I believe he weighs more than my horse (jk) and he sends greetings as well. God Bless!

Tammie's Thoughts said...

So what are you going to be doing in Marion, IL, Dr. Denmon? Your kids are precious. I have my first grandchild who is a month old today. His name is Nigel Timothy Hacker-Wright. Laura will be starting her PHD in French at the University of Toronto in the fall and John's University of Guelph is giving him the whole next year off with pay for paternity leave! Pretty sweet deal. We're leaving the 4th to go to see them. Tim has not yet seen Nigel. Looks like I'm going to be wracking up air miles to Canada!